- ABCs of Motion
- Causes of Motion
- Waves & Light/Sound
- Heat & Matter
- Mathematical Physics
- Earth/Planetary Science
- Tables & References
Applet by Fu-Kwun Hwang
This is a RLC series circuit simulation (with AC Voltage source) java applet. This applet will show you the physics properties of an R-L-C circuit driven by a harmonic voltage source C
1. The peak value of AC source is fixed at 10.0 V and the resistor is 1.0 k.
2. Parameters you can change:
1. Phase between VC(Voltage of capacitor) and VL(Inductor)
2. Phase between VR(Resistor) and VL or VC.
3. Relation between VL and oscillator frequency f= 1/T(period). How can one increase VL?
4. Relation between VC and oscillator frequency. How can one increase VC?
5. VR is propotional to I (current). How can one increase the current? What is the relation between VL and VC when I is at its maximum?
6. V = VR + VL + VC
7. In the above picture, VL(blue) > V(red). Why?